Saturday, November 13, 2010

Normal Saturday

Sometimes life isn't an adventure ... sometimes it's just normal, and sometimes normal is fantastic.  It's been a busy week at work for me, and I wanted nothing more from this weekend than to relax and catch up with all the aspects of my real life that seem to be ignored between Monday and Friday.

I particularly love Saturdays in fall.  Crisp, cool air and crunchy leaves when we walk the dog ... wearing sweaters and scarves ... and college football on TV.  I thought I would sleep in this morning, but woke up at 7 like usual ... Chris tried to convince me to go back to sleep while I tried to convince him to wake up ... of course he woke up right as I fell back asleep.  Finally we both got up to discover that the Northwestern game was actually being broadcast, so we put on purple shirts and watched them BEAT Iowa!!  (and then Wisconsin scored 83 against Indiana ... EIGHTY-THREE?!)

The rest of the day will most likely involve cleaning the house, running some errands, and hopefully catching up with some friends on the phone.  I also plan to make cookies for a church bake sale tomorrow, and may read a book.  I know my life is boring right now ... but it's wonderful :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment